Monday, December 28, 2009

A hallowed, yet whimsical, aura of love.

Does anybody watch Roseanne? I'm hooked on the reruns and I've recently discovered that there is never a time between the East Coast hours of midnight and about 8 or 9 in the morning when this show is not on. It's amazing. I've even honed in to which channel will be showing the season I'm most interested in catching up on. For instance, I didn't know Darlene got pregnant in Disney World - could there be anything more out of character than Darlene and David getting together in the magic kingdom? Maybe when Jackie started dating that guy who played the hillbilly redneck Ernest in a slew of Budweiser beer ads disguised as "movies". These are two separate seasons, but if you toggle between channel 244 and 196 during the hours of 2-5am, all shall be revealed. DVR allows you to blend seamlessly, but I appreciate a challenge.

I study late - or early depending how you call it. Watching this show where some seriously regular folks had to pull themselves up by the secondhand boot straps week after week after week is as good a motivation as any. The title of this post is a little gem from Grandmother Harris, Roseanne and Jackie's bat-shit-crazy mother. She's planning Darlene and David's shotgun wedding, with plans to drape battenburg lace over the pews, achieving said aura. I'm guessing that around 3am she's going to be on channel 256 announcing that she's gay. The theory of universal wavefunction is never so fully realized as it is in syndication.

No comments:

Post a Comment